Monday, October 29, 2012

Rotary Shelterbox Project


Just another great deed of the Rotary Club....During the time spent with my Rotarian hosts in Otter Valley, I was delighted to learn about the Shelterbox project. The project was launched by the Rotary club of Helston-Lizard in Cornwall which the Otter Vally is active in supporting.   Shelterbox is intended help with aid response to most disasters in the form of food, medicine, and shelter to help people survive the immediate aftermath.  Where I work at in Central America, disasters arise from earthquakes, tsunami's, and floods.  The Shelterbox project has motivated me to advocate this program to areas of Latin America where I plan to continue my work.  I included a Youtube video about the project to provide more information to spread the cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment